Mr. Goughnour supplied most of the lumber, lath, shingles, plaster, doors, and fixtures for buildings in town, including the courthouse. Over the years, he continued to buy more land, most of which was acquired from the Northern Pacific Railroad. He served as Mayor of Livingston in 1908, and is credited with prompting the town to pave its downtown streets.
The vacation rental building housed Ryan Fruit Company from 1922 – 1934. A later phase was as R D Novelty Company, a business that sold juke boxes and games to "local watering holes and Red Light houses". It later housed Dollarhide, then Adams Exploration Company.
It is a well-known structure in Livingston, easily identified by the large mural on the side of the building, which advertises: "Coal: Best on the Market", and was painted ~ 1908.
Acquired through Sotheby's in 2007, this original Goughnour building is now available for luxurious, loft-style lodging!